Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cooking Class : Day 2 & Dinner : New Place

Cooking Class

Well, I was late to class... freakin traffic was NUTS. Snow just destroyed highway progress.





So here's dinner... I really didn't participate in the cooking since I was late by over an hour. I did ATTEMPT to roll some gulab jamun (this is VERY hard to do; they just crumble up!) and I fried some of them. We also tried some home made indian snacks... some kind of mini popcorn and some rice puff thing. I ate one of these little peppers from that popcorn which was a big mistake; they were ridiculously salty and I think my tongue is still hurting from that now.

We ate some kind of chole, rice, gulab jamun, pre made chipatais, and potato vadas with apple butter chutney. The apple butter (yep, apple butter strait from the jar) chutney was pretty weak.



Dinner : New Arabic Place

I felt like eating out so I went to a new place this time. This one was very nice, because the interior was brand new and had a lot of lights. I got some kibbes, meat pie, some other pie, that big round thing (had hummus on it) and some wrapped sausage (probably soujok) that is on the side. I'm pretty sure the cup was tahini. It was pretty good, as expected but that drink was a bit too much; it was rose water flavored but way too sugary.

No comments: