Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh Noes!!!111 My Tire!

Fark!

I was bored so I went to some car meet tonight. Just a quick snap of traffic, some big accident on the highway blocking the road.


I met a few peeps; couple of those guys look like they know their shit. Apparently one kid cut out to run an "errand", which someone else told me he went to go buy some weed. Shit like that just makes me feel old; I miss my car club... =-( Anyway, weed kid come back so I go with him and his friend to some industrial park to go play in the snow. I'm getting my rally on with the sideaways action. I actually get a couple good drifts in with some serious, shit eating grin and giggle inducing, angle. Of course, that isn't good enough so I switch from just turning and lifting to putting in some brake to get more angle. And of course, I overdo it and I go completely over a curb... LOL

I don't really remember how it happened, but I think the best guesstimate was that I attempted to correct and got some understeer and went strait over the curb and sort of up the hill. Something definitely popped, and I get out later and find that I blew one of my tires. I feel like a jackass so I just tell one guy I'm just taking off and I bounce. I drive back down the road for a while and then pull in somewhere to actually change my tire. Clearly, some jackass put on my lug nuts with an air tool, as usual. They were a real bitch to get off. But I finally did it and I swap on the spare.


Whee, tire says a max pressure and a max speed. I didn't feel like pumping the tire up, and it felt at the time like it was okay, so I just drove off. Damn, that was one boring drive home, with the blinkers on to let people know I'm driving slow. Of course, I can barely see shit out of the sides of my car cause there is salt all over the windows. A few peeved people, from me trying to change lanes to get out of their way. *shrugs* those assholes will live.

Got home and was preparing to check the pressure on that tire. I took one look at it, and of course it looked pretty flat; freakin 10 PSI! I pumped that baby up, and hopefully it will keep pressure to tomorrow morning. I guess I'll be taking off work to get that tire swapped... Good thing I got that tire warranty!

No comments: