BAD SHOOTING - I suck with single action. I noticed that I was grouping shots, if you can call it a group. I ended up aiming about 2 inches higher to actually hit the target. You can see some results on the upper right target. Buddy later said he DOES need to adjust the sites cause the gun is shooting low.

GOOD SHOOTING - I traded pistols with someone at the range. This was with a Springfield XD; I much prefer the trigger. It was the guy's brand new gun, but he polished the trigger so it was super smooth. It shoots very similar to a glock but this guy's trigger job felt very good. For whatever reason, mentally, I am much better with this type of trigger. I shoot pistols like these as if they were two stage triggers and that somehow magically keeps me from flinching.

Gotta keep your ish so fresh and so clean! Some learning for me, cause I've never broken down or cleaned a gun before. Basic cleaning is pretty easy, just remove the slide and basically clean the barrel. He wiped up some of the slide to remove some fouling, but that was about it.

Another gun. It's so big you have to hold it with both hands... :D. Bullets are too expensive, so we didn't shoot this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment