So yea, clearly I haven't been posting so much. It's mainly been due to a "policy" change and my new work position. As I posted probably like 8 or so months ago, I took a photography class and it's become a lot larger hobby than I expected. I've been semi actively taking pictures ever since the class. Since I attempt to remain anonymous with my blog I don't want to post my pictures on here anymore. I actually splurged and got a Digital SLR like 2-3 weeks ago. I bought the body used to save some money and I bought a lens. If anyone is interested in seeing my pictures (who should already know where to look anyway) you can always contact me and I can send you a link.
work
I'm started a new position at work a couple months ago and I've been pretty busy with regards to working more and having responsibility. Leaving work at 5-6 pm everyday SUCKS. It's sapping my motivation kinda like how I used to feel in school; i'd get out of class or finish an assignment and just wouldn't feel like doing anything awards. I guess it's too easy for me to sit on my ass and bullshit on the internet.
I used to think about going for a management / mba or some shit so I could move up the ladder but seeing how many hours these people put in, fuck that! I have no idea how these guys have 3 little kids and then work till 6 everyday, then read emails every night until they goto sleep. I'm glad I'm not in the same situation with a family. I guess I don't really care that much about work then. I thought working in this industry that I would feel more involved or have more at stake, and I still feel some investment, but it's a lot less passionate than I thought. I like shooting the shit with my coworkers more than anything else. I could care less about making overtime, nothing can buy my time back.
The ironic part is I'm probably working at the "dream" place but its just one giant headache. The place is a lot less glamorous than it sounds. It's hypocritical that I say that because I've seen the jobs that other people I work with have, and they look a lot more "fun" than mine but it's probably the same situation. It doesn't help that I'm a worrier so this bothers me a lot. At the same time, its also funny that I think I'm pretty good at leaving work at my job and not taking it home with me.
"life"
They have a funny Dilbert comic on the wall at work, where the guys have a list of things that your your life like family, vacation, health, working out, etc. Then they say, two have already been picked (i think family and vacation) and you only get one left; it's true. Work's been eating into my "physical fitness" time and also my diet.
If I ever go visit anyone on the weekend I'm total fucked on food, and then I start eating out or not cooking. That may sound ridiculous to some of you but trying to eat right is important to me and it HAS had a significant impact on my health. I've lost almost 20 pounds since I started here about a year ago and that was mainly achieved through diet. Cramming in food before exercising because I get off late is tough. I haven't really cooked anything in probably well over a month now. Tonight was the first time I cooked in a while, and I just made pasta. BUT, I got a little fancy and I put some sun dried tomatoes in it.
I don't know how some people can just "time manage" and keep doing something every single minute of their life but it's too much for me. Some day's its a challenge and fun but when work / school is involved *cough* stress *cough* real life *cough*, it just kills me. I like my decompression time and I like it a little too much. You know it's bad when there are things you want to do but you "need" to decompress and you just sacrifice sleep to fit all that in. I've been doing that the past couple weeks, staying up till 1 in the morning. Pretty bad huh?
moving
One big thing coming up is that I'm moving to a new city. I'll just have to commute to work. Well... that's the plan for now but I feel like I'm getting cold feet already. I just don't feel like moving and packing all my shit. I still gotta find a place too but I've got enough time. I'm moving to a more "exciting" place in effort to live with some people *cough* single women *cough* a little closer to my age. It's also a lot nicer out there without turning into suburbia. I've got no other reason to stay here other than I don't have to move, and I got a 5 minute drive to work but living here is really f'ing boring.
The other side of that story is that all the people I know here, locally, from work are leaving too. They are all moving in together and getting a house. A few of those people never said anything to me and just heard it from a friend. I guess it's a hint that I'm not invited. I was pretty hurt / insulted by it but I guess I'm pretty indifferent about it now. One of them didn't say anything to me until the day he was signing the lease. Ouch.
I don't plan on hanging out with them anymore after I leave. I guess that's kind of childish, but I think it's also pretty childish on their part for never say thing anything to me. I asked another friend about her rent getting raised; she had a 5 word response to me (nothing about leaving, etc). Double ouch. Those two are something else, but it's really none of my business. The sooner this happens, the better; out of sight, out of mind.
shoulder
I hurt my shoulder pretty good last week at practice. I got swept and just fell awkwardly so that all my body weight fell right into my shoulder. The best way I can describe the feeling as if you got hit in the stomach and lost your air; that's what my shoulder felt like on impact. Guy at work with some relative knowledge told me I'd be in a lot more pain if I had broke something. There's also no discoloration or bruising, unlike the time I stress fractured my shin, so I think I'll be fine. However, I've got a limited range of motion and hurts bad if I go outside of it. It also feels a little tight. I'm gonna give it a week and it should be back to normal.
car
Haha, my car is STILL on jack stands. That donut gasket I fit on there just burned through so I haven't driven my car in over a week. I tried looking around locally but no one carries that size, they either have the one smaller or larger. I finally broke down and ordered the damn thing online, paid for 2nd day shipping too! I'll get it tomorrow so I can't wait to get the f'ing car running again. I know I'll be kicking myself when winter comes for not driving it enough.
music
I randomly found some new music to listen to. Explosions In the Sky is an awesome instrumental rock band, pretty chill stuff. You can hear one of their songs, Birth and Death of The Day, for free here. Another group is Ugly Duckling, got that tip from a friend; they are a indie / underground hip hop group.
girl
I plan on hanging out with previously mentioned lives with monks / urban farmer girl. Obviously, I'm looking forward to it but I'm a little apprehensive. When I first met her, we kicked it off real well but things were kinda slow at the end of the night. Then again she was really tired, she had bags under her eyes (crows feet?). It didn't end on a high note as I would have liked so I'm a little unsure how to approach this. I don't want to prematurely get my hopes up and get disappointed again. I guess I need to do the mature thing and tell her my intentions. Uh yea... I'll have to get back to you on that last one, lawl!
Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnn! Thinking about NOT thinking too hard is HARD. =D [/rant]
P.S. Oh yea, my friend has been out of the ICU and has been recovering at his mom's place. Haven't talked to him, should give me a call and see how he's doing.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post man. I really enjoyed reading it.
So you finally decided to scale down those delusions of grandeur? Good for you, money and job satisfaction (or lack thereof?) will only get you so far in life. There's a lot more out there IMO.
I really liked the music you posted too, "Explosions in the Sky". I'll have to get some of their albums.
Man, don't worry about all that drama shit man, you know you always got a friend (albeit, maybe shitty) in me.
On another note, I've been working my internship for awhile, and it seems to be a pretty good company. We'll see how that turns out. Maybe I'll be doing some "classified" work in my life yet... ;)
Take it easy man, nice to hear from you.
Post a Comment