Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dinner + Movie : Curry Rice & The Fountain

I had a couple friends over for dinner, and then a few of us went to watch The Fountain. I made Curry Rice for my largest meal ever: 2 large onions, half a bag of those baby cut carrots, 2 large potatoes, 1 pound of beef stew meat, and one box of S&B Golden Curry. I've never made it before, so it was a slight gamble.



It turned out pretty good, for my first time. Now that I know how to simmer, haha, I can make it better next time. The only thing I messed up is that I cooked off too much water, so it was a little too thick at the end. I'll be sure to fix that next time, cause I still have another box of the stuff. Here's what's left of the aftermath. Curry rice goes very well with the Kirin; the tastes actually seem to compliment each other.



So, I went to see The Fountain. My opinion? Undecided... I'm still thinking about the ending, and how it tied into how the movie was told with 3 stories. I was kind of distracted, thinking about today's semi altercation at the Autostore. I attempted to figure out what was wrong with my car this afternoon; I pulled the spark plugs and they look okay. However, plugs are cheap so I decided to try to replace them anyway. I goto a random autostore and end up in line behind some guys talking to Sales Guy #1, waiting to go next. There's one of those grab a number ticker things there, but I only see like 2 other people.

I look at the number on the wall versus the ticker and it's like 9 off so I figure they aren't using them. Someone walks up behind me and grabs one. I continue to wait, and another sales guy comes up but on the far end of the counter. There's some other guy standing there already, and the guy behind me waves him on. Finally the 2 guys in front of me finish up and Sales Guy #1 comes back to the counter. Then he starts asking numbers, and finds out he's behind. Guy behind me goes around and skips me. I know he saw me standing there for like 5 minutes, so I'm like WTF and I say it to him.

He kind of laughs it off and asks me if I have a number, which pisses me off because he's been behind me the entire time. I don't remember what I said, I think it was like "you gotta be fucking kidding me" or something. I think I might have called him a motherfucker, it sticks out in my memory but I'm pretty sure I didn't. He really didn't like that, and goes into hardcore shit talking black guy mode and tries to get in my face.

I'm like aww shit; dude is clearly pissed tryin to talk all this "you don't know me" and "you should watch your mouth" type shit so I'm like "What the fuck are you gonna do?" He shoots it right back at me, so I just point at the counter and say "Go!"; Clearly my adrenaline is pumping right now. I keep wanting to tell him to go fuck himself but I keep my mouth shut.

The thoughts of getting knifed or stabbed, getting punched, taking him to the ground and breaking his face or his arms or choking him out, or running into him outside and trying to get to the car for the Maglite, or combination of these scenarios are running thru my head. Guy gets his stuff and walks off, muttering a final "you should watch your mouth" shit again. I just SO want to tell him to shut the fuck up, and shoot the same "you don't know me" type shit right back at him.

I step up and get my stuff; at this point, one odd thought in my mind was what the hell was going thru Sales Guy #1's head's during this shit. Adrenaline is still running, but I start to calm off and get my stuff. Make it back to my car, looking if he was out there, but I made it home incident free. I'm thinking that getting into some shit over a line at an autostore is pretty f'ing retarded, especially considering what could have happened. Not like I'm super hardcore and ready to die for the type shit, or do I have any wish to goto jail for putting some guy in the hospital.

Hey, it was pretty stupid but I'm a guy. We do dumb shit, especially when people insult the manhood; gotta front and act hard, over nothing. I get the impression that the guy was pretty secure in his abilities but I realize now that he walked off, talking that shit but didn't look at me when he said it.

Hey, I gotta find something in this to make my still feel secure right? *wink*

2 comments:

Maloy said...

<3

heh, i'm your biggest fan or something, aren't i?

Adam said...

From reading this story, it becomes extremely obvious that he was scared shitless. Either that or he had some mad cravings for some Popeye's chicken or something...

In all seriousness, isn't it weird how your adrenalin just kinda blanks out all rationality? I'm sure he kinda saw that you were getting kinda anxious and he probably didn't want to start any type of shit anyway. Even if he COULD have kicked your ass, he still didn't want to possibly get locked up for some petty shit.

The adrenalin kinda just kicks in outta nowhere doesn't it? One minute you're calm, next you can't think about anything other than viscious crazy shit. Kinda makes you wonder why someone cutting you in line set you off in the first place. All that anger had to come from somewhere, and I'm sure it's not all from some random black dude cutting you.

PS, write a little on the Fountain even if you hate it ;)