Well, it's official and I have made the potential shitlist for getting canned. I stuck around late at work today and someone pointed out all the chiefs were having an after hours private pow wow in one of the big boss's office. I dunno if they are going to start delivering the news tomorrow or what. We were told that this area is supposed to be getting MORE employees has it has a lot importance going forward, but I don't think my coworkers are so optimistic... especially after we saw that "private" meeting.
This is tough, I'm not really sure what to do. All I can do is wait this out but I'm starting to get sick of this, honestly... how long is this gonna keep going? I just can't make my mind up if this is really worth it or not. I guess I do sorta feel like it is worth it, since I haven't quit yet. Then again, it's not like I really got some other potential place lined up. I'm trying to make vacation plans right now too, but I plan to scope out the place as a potential area to move to. And then there's the girl...
Yea I actually called her and we talked some more, waited a few days I guess for both of us to calm down. I just talked to her again earlier, almost feels like things are back to normal but I know it's not that simple. She did mention me visiting, but wanting to set some boundaries for both of us to follow if we were to hang out. I don't want to set any boundaries but I do understand. This is just a tough time for me since I'm also in limbo with the work situation but nothing is a promise. I guess that's just life keeping it real and fucking you over either way you decide.
I talked to the mom earlier today too, I told her I might be going out there. She doesn't think I should go cause she feels like I'm just going to see the girl, but I honestly did consider checking the place out before the girl came into the picture. Obviously, it's a hell lot more complicated than that now. I'm planning to stay with a friend when I'm out there but I guess I'd be able to see her in the mean time. I'm not too sure I should, but if I did avoid her I know I'd go crazy. The situation really just says I shouldn't go out there period, but I do want to go see her...
On other random news, I just watched the Mad Max trilogy and i LOVE THEM. The 3rd one (Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome) is a little weak sauce, as the movie went Disney when the peter pan storyline entered the 2nd half. It was still pretty entertaining and Tina was pretty awesome, even if she sounded like she was going to break out in a song every time she talked (which was kind of impressive, she sounds so stately/official).
The 2nd one (Mad Max: The Road Warrior) is the obvious favorite, and I actually watched Rob Ager's breakdown of the movie and I missed a lot of details. The movie didn't get much credit beyond being an action movie, but it meant a lot more to me (as I'm a fan of the post apocalyptic genre) and I did notice a few things. I really liked the intro, between the old black and white footage, and the supposed impression of a Post WW3 setting. It also was the clear inspiration for things like Wasteland (something I never played) and the Fallout series.
One cool trivia fact I learned about the original, Mad Max, is that the movie was the highest grossing low budget film of all time until The Blair Witch Project. The Ford Falcon in the original movie was also freakin awesome. They only had one car so they had to repaint the car for every scene. All the police wore leather jackets for their uniforms, but Mel Gibson had the only REAL leather jacket and everyone else wore vinyl. All sorts of small, interesting, things about the film that really didn't detract from the experience.
I sincerely look forward to owning the series. I may just wait until I have a blu-ray player so I can watch them in HD glory. I saw something that there's a script and potentially a 4th movie (Fury Road) but they are going to cast someone new to be Max, what a crock of shit! I don't care how old Mel Gibson is, now that's he's crazy he's even more appropriate for the role!
One of my coworkers is an Australian guy, I sooo want to drop "two man enter one man leave;" maybe i'll get a chance if he gets into an argument with someone. At the same time it's kinda racist, haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Damn, sorry to hear about the stressful news. Look at the bright side, at least you're in a good financial situation. It would definitely suck tenfold if you were flat broke at the moment.
Not sure what to tell you about the girl situation, other than I hope it all works out. This is as good a time as any to take a chance at something that seems to mean a lot to you. Just something to think about.
Keep us posted.
Post a Comment