Well, life is kicking in again hard this week as I seriously contemplate my job security, and job outlook, in the next week or two and my plans afterwards.
I have considered going to the military, a different government job, or jumping industries. As a part of my, desiring a drastic change (ie military), I have also thought about the Peace Corps. I have also thought that the Peace Corps will not benefit me as much, professionally and personally. Just the typical bullshit, following my mood swing, stuff but a lot more serious this time. The cuts are a lot closer to me than I expect as two people I hired in with were cut last week. I hear it's my department's turn this week.
Watching Generation Kill is also not helping...
I also just moved in with an old friend from college, seriously reconsidering the move. I am saving a lot of money, but I've lost my garage and my baby is sitting outside baking in the sun. A storage place is ridiculously expensive, $150 a month, eliminating a considerable amount of money I was going to save. The storage place has limited hours, and a brutal incline that is scraping the bottom of my car on entrance and exit. I think for now, I will pass until it's near winter and then I will just put the car away until spring. This may be completely irrelevant as I may not have employment in the near future.
Between that, and his girlfriend being over ever day right about the time I'm trying to sleep also pisses me off. The walls are thing and I don't appreciate hearing them giggle all fucking night as a) it keeps me awake because it's noise and b) I'm single and partially jealous. That and some of the prior comments my roommate has said, his attitude, and my new discovery of how dirty his place is, is getting on my nerves.
His roommate his also still here, as he failed to find housing in the 2 month heads up I gave him. His shit is taking up half of the living room and he is too lazy to put any of his stuff in the basement (where most of my shit is sitting in boxes right now). Apparently he is angry, but he only has himself to blame for this situation.
The morale at work is pretty pathetic right now, as I didn't do JACK SHIT today at work... other than look at random jobs and read random shit as usual. I did take a decent break today, cooking green beans to go with my left over pasta (basic tomato sauce + sun dried tomatoes + dried red peppers = delicious). I also bailed and went to the library to read a book I haven't finished yet, Yellow: Race in America Beyond Black and White. Apparently you can read the whole thing for free thanks to Google, so go get educated already!
That and I finally cut off the ex. I realized over the weekend that continued phone calls with her are EXTREMELY unhealthy for me and I need to stop being so nice. So I cut that tonight. I was dumb enough to try to sell her left over stuff, but I told her to tell her friend to come get it because I don't have time. Her emails and her phone number are now deleted; I only kept her pictures. And no, I don't have any nudie pics...
I did enjoy going back to my book after that phone call though, some serious learnin' for me. Frank Wu knows his shit, and you should hear him speak if you ever get the chance. His wit and dry delivery is hilarious. The book is a good education on race relations, typically defined as black and white in America, how it affects asian americans and provides examples shown in society (ex Wen Ho Lee, that dude who was falsely accused of leaking nuclear secrets). He also gives good examples of racism against blacks that is poorly understood such as crime rates; how "rational" discrimination resulting in artificial data feeding circular logic to reinforce such discrimination. IE; sheriff specifically targets blacks, resulting in more blacks getting arrested. Since they are highly represented in "statistics" it justifies said discrimination, further reinforcing practices thus further increasing the statistics.
Anyway, enough rant for now. I need to sleep / watch Generation Kill. [/emo]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment