Pre Restaurant observations:
1) Girls who work here are cute, especially compared to the lack of cute girls at 2 of the 3 other Thai places I've ate at.
2) Girl waiting for her take out order was also cute, AND smiled back; nice change from the usual bitches.
3) There's no tofu. WTF? How am I supposed to be a vegetarian yuppie if you don't have tofu?
4) I guess it wouldn't be a Thai place without the requisite asiaphiles, and the standard "look at me try to pronounce the name, I'm SOOOooooOOO open minded" type douche rocket.
5) Also wouldn't be a Thai place without SOME people making sure not to order any kind of spicy... I won't mention ethnicities but let me put it this way; Thai food is SUPPOSED to be hot, and if you can't handle it then maybe you should go home and eat a wonder bread and mayonnaise sandwich!
The entrance is pretty tight and crowded, so I went to the back and found some menus sitting on a stool at the bar. I checked out the menu for a little while, and I ordered pad something, chicken with string beans and of course I ordered it hot. Girl taking orders is cute, but kinda young looking. Doesn't look too happy, can't blame her; Saturday night, probably at the family restaurant? Sucks. I sit down at the booth to wait for my order, next to that girl also waiting for her food.
I figure I should probably talk to her, so I try to shoot the shit and ask her how long she'd been waiting and what she ordered. 20 minutes, two dishes (pad Thai and something else) and spring rolls for appetizers. I tell her what I ordered, but then I got thwarted because her order showed up. DAAAAMMIT! She says good luck and takes off... I was a little worried, because I thought I might get stuck there for 20 minutes too. Apparently I got the hookup, because I got my food like 3 minutes later; there were people sitting there waiting a lot longer than I did... Take that yokojohn!

Post restaurant observations:
1) Wow, they really did make this hot.
2) Beer does a poor job of cooling down Thai food. I'm pretty sure it also doesn't work on wings, which is probably why they sell it so you keep drinking it.
3) SOB I coulda been mackin the entire time I was there. She ordered enough food for 2 or more people, but there was no guy there with her so she probably was single. DAMMIT! That was a GOLDEN opportunity! Man, I have a whole mental game plan after the fact...
Note to self; make sure to go back to said restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment