Friday, February 27, 2009

...The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Well, after another trip to the unemployment office and a phone call, I just found out that I've been rewarded with the denial of my unemployment for seeking training to work in the alternative energy field. You know, that alternative energy field that's supposed to be the "moon shot" to kick start our economy (who's GDP just shrank 6.2% for 2008).

The university staff is incompetent and unable to help we with the other retraining assistance program. Deep down inside, I know even if I complete all that paperwork they will just deny me anyway.

For being employed last year, I've been denied any financial assistance outside of tuition. And even though I moved out to start a career, and am in my mid 20s, the federal government still thinks my parents can assist me with almost $20,000 a year to cover school costs.




I am LIVID.

No comments: