Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stalk Post: "thought of the day"

So, I was looking at a friend's photographs online and got linked to his lady friend's blog. I saw this, and wanted to post a comment but it's probably a bit creepy.

"If you don’t like science or engineering, but major it in for the money, you are likely to end up, down the line, in an unrelated job you like more. And once you leave your field of study your salary benefits disappear."


LOL! I didn't major in it for the money, but damn was I unhappy in school. I thought it'd be a secure or guaranteed job, but nothing is guaranteed no matter who's parents say what. I know, because I lost my fucking job after 2 years.

I definitely agree with the money part, but I've had some talks with a friend and he was asking me really how much money do I need. I was satisfied with the salary I was getting. Only big purchase left was the house and that's something that would take a while to pay off regardless. I'm satisfied with my "lifestyle" minus the single part.

Shit like that quotes makes me really question why I didn't go to art school... What's the harm in the risk if I clearly have first hand experience in lack of job security? Good thing I have that ADD/ Jack of all trades personality and can't pick shit!

Damn, playing this game sucks...

No comments: