I was catchin up on RB's posts and read about his interest in the coffee flavored Monsters. He put up a link to Energy Fiend, a energy drink blog where I saw an article about a kid in the UK hospitalized after drinking 8 cans of Red Bull. HAHAHA!
It reminds me of this gas attendant me and a buddy met while on a roadtrip to pick up his new car. He was pumping gas and I went into the convenience store to look at some food for the road, as we didn't stop at McDonalds or Burger King for breakfast. I was in need of a kick so I was looking at Red Bull, but noticed that monsters were a two for one deal. I really don't like the double can of Monster, or any non-Red Bull drink, as it is freakin overkill. My buddy didn't want one so I stuck to Red Bull...
We go up to pay and the chick working the cash register reminds me of the Monster two for one deal. She ends up mentioning that she got hooked on Monsters and was drinking up for 4 or so of them a DAY. I'm shocked and thinking to myself, that can't be good for you. Then she tells us how she got a freakin ulcer or some shit and had to get surgery...
Wow.
The worst I've done is 2 red bulls in one day and to be honest, I don't think they really do shit. I remember drinking one right before a class, and I still passed out. I do agree that the taurine will mess with you. I just like drinking them because I think they taste good, but I grew up drinking stuff like Baccus F so I guess that's why.
P.S. A little bonus I saw on Energy Fiend; prepare to cringe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Normally I don't feel shit off of energy drinks, but the day I drank both of those Monsters I definitely felt wired as hell that night at work. I guess it doesn't help that my job requires me to sit still, but I couldn't stop fidgeting and bouncing my leg.
I can't even imagine drinking just one of those a day. They're so damn expensive for a habit, and if you need it that bad to get going it's going to ruin your day to not have one. Not to mention how rough it is on your body.
...and I just realized that I described my habit perfectly. Shit. Now I really need to think about quitting.
Post a Comment