Thursday, August 02, 2007

Showdown after Dinner: You LOOSE!

So, my range is STILL not working after 2 days (2 days since i reported it) at my new apartment. I didn't feel like eating microwave food again, so I just ate out. Ate some arabic food, a tawook (grilled chicken) and tabouli pita wrap and a side of vegetarian grape leaves. I really like arabic food so it was a good meal. The food even came with a free drink so I got a quick refill of diet before I left.

I'm just walkin around and I'm going down the street. I see 3 young kids in front of the bubble tea place. One kid is really skinny, one kid is semi skinny and the fat kid has got a one of those big straws in his mouth and it's like pointed strait out. They look like some highschool punks, but they could have been freshmen. I saw two bubbles on the ground and it looked like the fat kid was trying to spit them at people. I see a couple in front of me but they pass and nothing happens so I'm like , I guess not...

I walk by, and what do you f'in know! I hear the spit noise and I'm thinkin' to myself "you mother FUCKER!" I actually popped the lid off my drink and walk back, thinking that if he's laughing I was seriously about to throw it in his face. I seriously wanted to punch him, but the three weren't laughing it up. I don't if the whole ordeal was a poor coincidence or if they had the "oh shit" reaction cause I actually walked back.

He stands up when I get there and I'm like "What the FUCK! Did you try to spit that at me?" The other two of the kids were getting up, one off to my side and the other guy walks behind me. I take a look back just to check my six but it's the skinny kid and he doesn't look like he's trying to get behind me.

He's all "shocked" by the language, and says he didn't and tries to brush me off and I'm seriously thinking he's full of shit so I put him on the spot again. He says he didn't try to do it but I still don't believe him. I'm thinkin' to myself "Seriously, you got a straw in your mouth, theres bubbles on the ground and you just happen to spit that RIGHT after I walked by!?!?"

I was half expecting the whole ordeal when I saw those kids sitting there so I guess I was mentally prepared because I was on my A game. He said it was an accident so I threw it right back at him; Apologize! That definitely got his attention! His face lit up and I know he's feelin' like are "apologize to you? are you f'in serious?" So I threw it immediately at him again, "You said it was an accident, so apologize!"

The guy backs down; "my bad, my bad", so I take it and start to walk off. I hear his friend as I walk by, "that guy was about to throw that drink at you" and I hear some more conversation but I'm already walking away. They were talking a lot and I'd imagine it was fat boy talking some shit up to save his ego and I was seriously considering going back there and getting in his face again, but he DID apologize so I just told myself "shut the fuck up, it's over so just keep walking."

I start to loose it as i walk away; the confidence disappears and the adrenaline induced nerves turn on so walking away turns into a very good idea. I'm actually kinda laughing my ass off because of what that that kid said about the drink. I guess those fuckers will think twice about pulling a stunt like that again.

The end. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(claps)

Adam said...

You should have just went back and thrown your drink in his face for good measure. Then possibly cracked a joke about how it's diet pop.

However, if it was me in this situation, I would have just kept walking. I wouldn't want to feel like I HAVE to do anything (getting in his face, etc). Especially if they were under 18, you can get in some major shit for throwing down on a kid. I got a lot more to lose than some high school punks.

Once that adrenaline starts flowing, who knows what kind of crazy shit you'll do (or where you'll end up).