Monday, April 16, 2007

VTech Campus Shooting Thoughts

For those who havent heard yet, the deadliest rampage shooting in US history happened today at Virginia Tech. Last I read is that 32 people were murdered and the shooter commit suicide. There's all sorts of shit pouring in, typical media response so no one will know the "truth" for a couple days.

Someone pointed out the coincidence that Virginia did not approve the carrying of concealed weapons on Virginia college campuses, but I personally am not interested in peoples hindsight. Last I saw, the shooter was decked out in ammo and was reloading his guns "just like television." So, unless one of you critics are an Iraq (or any other war) Veteran then you probably should just shut the fuck up because you have NO IDEA how you would react.

Scary part is, this reminded me of how I was feeling last week at work. I'm walking thru the corridors of one of the largest buildings on work, and thru all the giant open rooms with just cubicles. The current state of business is dismal, and that's an understatement. I was just wondering, with all the exits being turnstyles, what the hell would people do if someone went on some murder rampage? The security we have here is a total fucking joke.

Where are you going to hide, or what on earth are you going to do with someone going up and down the hallways just blowing people away? I'm glad I'm not working there, because I don't want to find out. Hopefully, someone is ignoring work rules and atleast has their LEGALLY licensed handgun sitting in their car or truck, but that would probably be still too late.

No comments: