Saturday, March 24, 2007

Update : Japanese Junk Food + Curry

I went for a quick shop back to that town, that I visited on St. Patties. Theres a Japanese grocery store there so I gave in and bought a bunch of junk food. Buying in line was hilarious, because it was a white kid working the cash register. I get there and he greets me in Japanese and then gives me the price. Uhh yeah, i just looked at the price on the register and paid in cash.

Apparently, Shrimp Chips come in flavors now and I was never sent a memo. This is hot garlic; it's "japanese hot" but it tastes good.


Whatever rice crackers, the kind that taste slightly salty. I saw this ones, cause they were smaller, so I got them.


Mmm Mmm! Red Bean bitches!


I thought this was regular flavor, but I saw it at home and its cool wasabi. I dunno how you make wasabi "cool." I'll just have to find out when I try it.


Mmm Mmm. Yakult FTMFW!


Jellies!


I went to this fancy organic grocery store, ended up making the fanciest curry rice EVAR. Freakin organic potatoes, carrots, onions, and grass fed organic stew meat (f'in $6.99 / lb). I was there so I figured I would just buy everything and get it over with. It turned out much better than the first time I made it, right consistency! The rice is a little interesting; I ran out of sticky rice so I mixed in some basmati.


This stuff tastes much better with some Sriracha on it. Clearly shown, I have plenty left to enjoy for the rest of the week.

No comments: