Monday, June 01, 2009

GM: Begining of the End

As said by everyone else in whatever "epic" post given the events of today, GM finally declared bankruptcy. I think people give little credit to the fact that a decision to support or condemn GM is a Catch 22, and ultimately a loose loose situation.

I have seen little, in defense or condemnation, regarding how this will affect the direction of the country. Will it mark a new era, or is this just self delusion up to a greater collapse. Who knows...

I'm also not sure how much I honestly care, but I figure this is one of the situations that people will look back upon in 30-40 years and ask where were you when it happened. I spent the day busy working, and unable to read anything. The rare optimist in me says I was honstely too busy working on GM's supposed future. All I can say is I'm glad all that shit isn't my headache anymore.

No comments: